Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunwowo (Sunriver)


I love using Nick speak for my blog titles. I know this phase won't last for long and I guess this is my way of saving them. Last weekend we went to Sunwowo with Chris for a work conference he had there. Joining us were his boss Andy, his wife, Louise and their two twin boys, Erik and Derek. The three boys enjoyed playing Thomas trains, watching Thomas on tv, going on walks, and running around. Chris and Andy spent a lot of time at the conference but when they were home, Louise and I snuck out for a much needed massage. The weather was ideal and pretty amazing for mid February.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend. It was also Leah's 10 month birthday. She's almost one. She's also crawling which is a whole new adventure in itself.



Boo on Valentine's day. Sporting a pink heart shirt from JuJu. 10 months.

Dad hauling Nick up the hill


The Dyken Family enjoying some sledding

Watching the snowmobiles

Nick in the bath
Boo loves the bath!

Love this bib, from Nana and Babo

Nick and Leah eating breakfast at the bar

And finally, the absolute highlight of the weekend, when we arrived, the Sunriver fire department pulled up. Apparently they work out at the building right next to our condos and always bring the truck and ambulance with them. This was a daily event which Nick would run outside for. They would turn on the lights and honk the horn. This fire fighter was kind enough to let Nick check out the fire engine, sit in it and gave him a few stickers. He was in heaven!

2 comments:

Laura said...

How fun! I can't believe Leah is 10 mo. and crawling!! I feel like she was just born a couple months ago.

Btw- what booster/highchair was she sitting in at the bar? Do you have a travel seat or did you bring your regular highchair?

Becky G said...

Oh my goodness what great pictures! I love the one of Leah in the bath. I can't wait til Dax is old enough to be in love with things like fire trucks and trains.:) BTW how does Nick say Fire Truck ha ha Nana, Aunt Brenda and I were discussing Tom's pronunciation when he was little this weekend. PRICELESS