Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Boo Magoo


There are days when I wonder where this silly, free spirited child came from. Today is one of those days. She goes from 0-60 then back to 20 in a matter of minutes. Her personality is extraordinary, her love for people is endless. She loves Nick more than anything. I keep thinking this will end but it hasn't so far. Her imagination has no limits. Yesterday she was a parrott (that sounded like a monkey), she will spend an hour playing by herself talking to her toys, her blanket is a person and she often asks it if it needs anything. She loves to mother her babies or any baby for that matter. Then she will go and ask Chris to play "hike" with her. Her favorite foods include eggs, salmon, fruit snacks, and of course chocolate. She can count to 10 in Spanish which floored me. Her smile makes me melt. Although her stubborness can drain me, most of the time I just can't get enough of her!



Sleeping on the floor with her babies

Loving the dirt



On Randy's Boat, she loved the wind and even tried to jump in at one point






Found my hat, didn't want to take it off


One of my fav's, throwing rocks while holding up her dress

Of course I have to add some of her phrases lately, they are hilarious. She's extremely communicative but sometimes gets the wording mixed up.
At the pool "I can't go in my self because I am too big" (she meant too little)
Trying to turn the TV on after I told her she couldn't watch it "baby wants to watch tv." What does she want to watch? "She wants to watch baby food, she likes the baby food on the tv"
"Mom, you bad. Dad, you bad. You in time out!"
Hits me or pinches me. Afterwards says "mom, you okay? I kiss it."
And my ultimate favorite, throwing an absolute temper tantrum, tears and all, and I tell her she needs to go in a time out. Tears instantly turn off "mom, I stopped crying, I am all better, see?"
Gotta love two year olds.

2 comments:

Becky G said...

Oh I love that Boo Magoo! :)

Laura said...

It's great that you've chronicled some of the crazy 2s and little L's personality at this time in her life. She's really, really great!